The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world\'s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Our award-winning research for development (R4D) addresses the development needs of tropical countries. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer.
a month ago
Job Title: Zonal Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 5 years
Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
Ref: STS2020 - 001
Location: 6 Geo-Political Zones
Duration: November 2020 – June 2021
Recruitment Type: National (Short-term Contract)
Slot: 6 Openings
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of
potential supervisors and interviewers.
- Coordinate with the National Bureau of
Statistics (NBS) and National Population Commission (NPopC) on household
listing, sampling of respondents, mobilization, and sensitization.
- Take overall responsibility for managing all
field teams including biomarker/anthropometry field teams and communicate
with government and community leaders.
- Train dietary interviewers on the dietary
component of the survey.
- Provide hands-on support to all field supervisors.
- Oversee pre-testing and piloting activities.
- Keep fieldwork running to the agreed schedule
(field calendar) and promptly report problems that might create overruns.
- Oversee data quality administration by
carrying out random reviews of questionnaires on a timely basis to provide
feedback to supervisors and interviewers as needed.
- Maintain the quality of data collection by
encouraging diligent work by field teams and timely uploading of collected
- Develop a zonal field calendar in
collaboration with the survey coordinator and component leads.
- Provide updates to overall survey coordinator
and survey component leads.
- Write a report at the end of data collection
on zonal activities and field experience and submit to the survey overall
- Master’s in Nutrition, Food Science /
Technology, Community Development or Public Health (or an advanced degree
in a relevant field).
- An employee of state or federal government
with above qualifications can also apply with minimum of five (5) years’
related experience performing related role. Candidates from the zone and
residing in the zone are highly preferred.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be proficient in using tablet-based data
- Have familiarity working in rural Nigeria
- Be fluent in English and at least one local
language spoken in the assigned zone are required.
Use the link below to apply on company website.
Interested applicants should complete the online
application attaching detailed Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with
their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names
and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the
applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague, and
evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an
equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce.
While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted
candidates will be contacted.